Talent Acquisition Specialist
Department: Human Resources
JYSK is one of the world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 50 countries with over 2,700 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK’s company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 62 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Québec.
JYSK is seeking a talented Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Human Resources team on a permanent, full time basis. This position provides an exciting opportunity to join our Talent Acceleration team. This team is responsible for evolving traditional Talent Acquisition / Management programs and technology into a hub focused on the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of strategic HR/Talent programs that support and differentiate our talent (Colleague) base as a competitive advantage within the retail industry. In addition, they are tasked with leading the full-cycle recruitment strategy, ensuring JYSK sources the right candidates, as we seek to grow our business. This role has considerable autonomy to design and implement the latest talent acquisition strategies, inclusive of reviewing current state practices, making recommendations for improvement and/or strategic investment.
The Right Candidate
- Has experience in a Talent Acquisition / Recruitment role, preferably in retail.
- Has experience in a Business Partner / HR Consultant role.
- Can effectively (and respectfully) engage stakeholders in a variety of roles, building lasting relationships, demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent judgment in managing complex problems.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly-changing environment where priorities change.
- Reliable; able to work independently, and as part of a remote team.
- Drives and coordinates the organization’s Talent Acquisition function, through execution of the full recruitment lifecycle processes, for both internal and external opportunities.
- Using applicant tracking system, screen candidate pool and provide hiring managers with candidate assessment and evaluation.
- Develops strong relationships with hiring managers and business leaders, to maximize the effectiveness of the recruitment process for current and future job openings.
- Attracts a pool of talented candidates through creative job postings and social media.
- Manages and maintains the JYSK Careers Webpage, and Social Media presence.
- Leads the assessment, and selection of key organizational roles (Store Managers, Assistant Managers, and our Corporate Offices), through a multi-phase interview process, including phone, web conferences and in-person interviews.
- Finalizes and new hire (orientation) packages to successful candidates, leveraging technology to distribute and receive completed documentation.
- Designs, develops and ensures that effective recruitment/retention programs, guidelines and policies are in place organization, and being observed.
- Oversees continuous improvement activities related to talent acquisition process (pre-hire assessments, interview/resource guides, reference checks, onboarding and exit surveys); recommends areas for improvement and/or strategic investment.
- In partnership with the HR Manager, tracks and reports on relevant metrics to assess effectiveness of recruiting programs; identifies areas of improvement.
- Implement innovative and cost effective recruiting strategies that meet business needs.
- Manages all relevant vendor relationships, including technology/software providers.
- Develops and implements a “High-Volume” hiring strategy to support planned peak seasonal hiring needs, along with the opening of new locations; develops corresponding tools, process, and resource guides.
- Other duties as assigned.
Role Experience Requirements:
- Bilingualism (French & English) preferred
- Has a minimum of 3 years’ Talent Acquisition experience
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Human Resources, and/or Business.
- Working knowledge and/or expertise with HRIS/Talent Acquisition software.
What We Offer
- Opportunities for Learning & Career Advancement
- Unique opportunity to provide input into the Human Resources strategic plan
- Competitive Annual Salary
More Great Information!
- Thanks for your interest in JYSK! Due to a high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- If you haven't done so already, please follow us on Twitter for the latest career opportunities at Jysk: https://twitter.com/JyskCANCareers
Best of luck with your search! Follow us online for MORE opportunities!