Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Human Resources Coordinator
JYSK is one of the world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 51 countries with over 2,700 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK’s company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 62 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Québec.
JYSK is seeking a talented Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to join our Human Resources team on a permanent, full time basis. This team is responsible for evolving traditional HR programs and technology into a hub that supports and differentiates our talent (employee) base as a competitive advantage within the retail industry.
The Right Candidate
- Bilingualism: English and French (written and spoken) is preferred.
- Can effectively (and respectfully) engage stakeholders in a variety of roles, building lasting relationships, demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent judgment in managing complex problems.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly-changing environment where priorities change.
- Reliable; able to work independently, and as part of a remote team.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic and auditing skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
HRIS System Administrator
- Processes employee changes such as promotions, status changes, change of address/marital status, compensation changes, terminations.
- Maintains employee electronic (and archived) hard copy files, keeping them accurate, current, and archiving as required, including file purging.
- Provides support for day to day HRIS end-user help requests including general inquiries, analysis, system entries, troubleshooting and reporting.
- Ensures currency and integrity of HRIS data through regular audits and quality checks.
- Facilitates the HRIS training through daily interaction with users, and via more formalized methods of delivery (eLearning facilitation, etc.).
- Responsible for continuous improvement, including the analysis of activities associated with HRIS processes and programs.
- Develops and maintains the HRIS Administrator resource guide.
- Responsible for the administration of HR reporting, including consolidation, analysis and communication of data. Identifies and flag known trends and opportunity areas
- Ensures overall data integrity, including the design, development and implementation of quality control strategies, processes and policies leading to data and issue resolution
- Provides advanced analytical support and advice to identify, monitor and track improvements on key workforce risks and HR business objectives
- Maintains and updates the annual calendar of events related to cyclical reporting activities, as well as an inventory of reports and queries
Role Experience Requirements:
- Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an HRIS/HR Coordinator role.
- Experience in a Business Partner / HR Consultant role considered an asset.
- Post-secondary Certificate or Diploma in HR, and/or Business Administration.
- Expert-level knowledge of HRIS systems, processes and practices.
- Experience with MS Office with emphasis on Excel (intermediate level) and SharePoint.
What We Offer
- Opportunities for Learning & Career Advancement.
- Unique opportunity to provide input into the Human Resources strategic plan.
More Great Information!
- Thanks for your interest in JYSK! Due to a high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- If you haven't done so already, please follow us on Twitter for the latest career opportunities at JYSK: https://twitter.com/JyskCANCareers
Best of luck with your search! Follow us online for MORE opportunities!