Production Artist - Graphic Designer
JYSK is one of the world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 51 countries with over 2,700 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK’s company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 62 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Québec.
JYSK Canada is currently seeking a Production Artist – Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Department. The position will be based at our Head Office located in Coquitlam, BC.
- Work in a team to produce a variety of digital and print materials such as ads, flyers, catalogues, signage, web graphics and more.
- Execute production of requested tasks from beginning to final stages including rounds of correction.
- Work within corporate brand guidelines to create brand consistency; apply and enforce brand guidelines.
- Assist in acquiring and managing digital assets.
- Liaison and uploading documents with prepress, publications and vendors.
Who you are:
- Self-motivated and able to work independently within a team with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated high level of dependability, initiative and responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills; proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt and willingness to work on special projects as necessary.
- Ability to work quickly and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to accept feedback from sources and apply changes accordingly.
- Consistent production of neat, accurate work with high attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Post-secondary diploma in Graphic Design/Graphic Arts
- Five years (5) of design and production experience
- Required expertise with Adobe Creative Suite specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop on the Apple Macintosh platform.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong portfolio displaying your layout and design experience