Customer Service Delivery Driver / Distribution Center Colleague
Department: Distribution Centre
JYSK is one of the world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 52 countries with over 2,800 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK’s company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 61 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Québec.
Starting wage: $22/hour
Also, you will also be able to operate all forms of Material Handling Equipment and perform daily tasks as required and outlined below.
Delivery Driver must demonstrate:
- Conduct pre and post-trip vehicle inspections and documents appropriately.
- Pack and load products onto trucks according to company’s specifications.
- Maintains ongoing daily communication with route dispatcher that includes documenting delivery status, recording mileage, fuel costs, and daily issues.
- Unloads and delivers customer products safely with no damage as per client expectations.
- Top-notch in-home customer service that includes wowing our customers with the ability to readily problem-solve.
- Recognizes and adapts appropriately to cultural differences in the workplace, including modes of behaviour and interactions among colleagues and customers.
- Action taken promptly – accidents and incident reporting within regulatory requirements and following workplace procedures.
- Ability to complete work systematically and without injury to self or others, or damage goods, equipment or vehicles involved in delivery.
- Follows the procedure manual for all warehouse processes and work instructions required to maintain high levels of inventory and location accuracy. Identifies discrepancies to the DC Supervisor or DC lead.
- Accurately completes routine documentation, such as pick sheets, manifests, and unload lists;
- Performs a variety of physically demanding general labor duties according to standard work instructions, such as manually loading and unloading goods from a trailer.
- Demonstrates accuracy and efficiency in the execution of standard DC processes such as receiving, picking, packing, shipping, checking and loading customer orders and products;
- Assists new colleagues in learning DC processes - picking; loading; pallet checks; pallet replenishment; put-away and receiving.
- Contributes to an environment where JYSK culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers.
- Demonstrates and maintains a skill set capable of operating a variety of equipment used in a warehouse environment. Examples include but are not limited to: scanners, computers, scales, pallet jacks, a variety of motorized material handling equipment such as forklifts, clamps, power jacks, walkies and reach trucks.
- Follows all company Health and Safety policies and maintains a clean workplace.
- Follows all company policies in s to property and equipment.
- Proactive in accident & incident prevention.
- Performs duties as required based on the needs of the business.
- Full Class 5 Driving License (no restrictions).
- Clean Drivers Abstract.
- Minimum 1 year professional and/or delivery experience and 1 to 2 years’ experience of warehouse and material handling equipment experience.
- Good knowledge of the GVRD and Fraser Valley road systems and navigation
- Ability to pass a criminal record check.
- Strong customer-oriented professional disposition combined with a positive attitude.
- Valid license pertaining to material handling equipment and ability to be certified in house
- Excellent communication in English (verbal and written).
- Proven ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and safety regulations.
- Ability to lift product up to 25 lbs. to shoulder height, and drive for long periods of time.
Warehouse Colleague responsibilities and duties: Qualifications
You must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays; this is critical to support the needs of the business and is subject to change.
Please note we are currently seeking Shift: Tuesday - Friday: 9am to 5pm, Saturday: 730am to 330pm