Location: 25 King Edward Street, Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Are you looking for something more than just a job? Are you looking for a community, a partnership, a team, and an opportunity to learn and grow in your career?
As one of world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career.
JYSK Canada is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join its growing finance department. The position will be based in our head office in Coquitlam.
The Senior Accountant will participate in the month end close, provide financial reporting and analysis, fulfil auditing requirements and provide KPI reports to the business. The Senior Accountant has a good knowledge of fully cycle accounting and can leverage his/her skill sets to deliver financial results accurately and timely.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete full cycle period end close including related journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy and proper supporting documents are provided.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to compare actuals to budget, forecast and prior year, and investigate any drivers of significant variances
- Update KPI reports to assist in tracking and monitoring the business results
- Participate in interim and annual audit with external auditors
- Play an active role in finance related projects (systems and process improvements, Finance initiatives and ad-hoc projects)
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration
- Enrollment in CPA program or currently hold a designation
- Have a minimum of two years of full cycle accounting experience
- Must be proficient in presenting data and documenting variance analysis.
- Organized, detail oriented and takes pride in accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; be confident in reaching out to other department heads for information
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with other team members and maintain a positive work environment
- Experience in a high-volume, multi-location organization with +20M revenue would be considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting software (such as Microsoft Navision and Prophix) would be considered an asset
What this role brings to you:
- Competitive Pay
- Benefit Package
- Colleague Discount
- Opportunities for Learning & Career Advancement
- A fun and respectful workplace
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, come join JYSK and experience it for yourself!
JYSK is an equal opportunity employer.