Department: Information Technology
JYSK is one of the leading and fastest-growing retailers in the world. First-established in 1979 in Denmark, the company is now present in 50 countries with over 2,600 stores; bringing “Quality-for-Less” to millions of customers every day. With a passion for Scandinavian design, our products range from furniture to accessories, including mattresses, bedding, and outdoor products that will enhance any living spaces with a sense of sophistication at affordable prices.
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology (IT), the .NET developer will build software using languages and technologies of the .NET framework mainly C# as part of the .NET Development team.
The .NET Development team will create applications from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support. As an ERP Business Analyst, you will be responsible to/for:
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, scalable, and reliable code using .NET programming languages
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential
- Understand and Integrate data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.)
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Deliver quality software solutions according to a mutually agreed upon timeline
- Seeks and partners with reliable external partners, vendors.
- Attends relevant industry events, etc.
- Seeks out the proper training and information to adopt new technologies within the .NET stack through the Jysk provided channels of training.
- Follow all JYSK Administrative policies and complete all required forms and documentation.
- Performs all required performance evaluations and discussions.
- Teaches, trains, develops and inspires their team to deliver results.
- Responsible to follow the dress code as set out by JYSK.
- Regularly required to travel to meetings/shows/sites.
- Responsible to follow Health and Safety guidelines and procedures set out by JYSK.
- May be assigned other tasks to support and improve overall business operations
The Right Candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study.
- 7 + years of strong coding experience with C#, Web API, .NET
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server, Entity Framework and ADO.NET
- 1+ Years of experience with document style databases, especially Document DB/Cosmos DB
- 7+ years of Visual Studio experience
- Strong experience with ASP.NET Web API
- Some experience with .NET Core
- Source code management with GitHub including branching, merging, tagging and release management.
- Web Services
- RESTful service experience
- HTML5, CSS, AJAX and other client facing frameworks
- Serialization, HTTP, JSON, Azure AD SSO authentication development
- Expertise in developing applications hosted on Azure cloud
- Expertise in designing cross browser apps
- Mobile friendly application development
- Key Azure Skills:
- Web Apps, API Apps, Cosmos DB
- Key Vault, Blob Storage, Data Lake Store, Azure Active Directory
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay
- Benefit Package
- Staff Discount
- Opportunities for Learning & Career Advancement
- Being part of a dynamic culture that provides you with the autonomy to have an impact!
Please note: reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More Great Information!
- Thanks for your interest in JYSK! Due to a high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- If you haven't done so already, please follow us on Twitter for the latest career opportunities at JYSK: https://twitter.com/JyskCANCareers
Best of luck with your search! Follow us online for MORE opportunities!
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.