Public Relations & Social Media Specialist
Department: E-Commerce Department
Are you looking for something more than just a job? Are you looking for a community, a partnership, a team, and an opportunity to learn and grow in your career?
As one of world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career.
This role is based out of our head-office in Coquitlam, BC. Collaborating with our marketing team to coordinate marketing strategies that work across different channels, in this role you will lead the implementation of social best practices for internal and external content creation, including analyzing and implementing learnings to improve content performance. Manage the content creator and influencer database of 100+ relationships with a focus on creating external creative briefs, developing contracts and production schedules.
Other Duties Include:
- Manage, populate, curate, and maintain content for accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms
- Measure PR program impacts using regular reporting
- Grow brand presence on all social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc.)
- Identifying and Selecting adequate imagery and engaging captions for the posts and stories in line with the proposed content plan, as well as recognizing and liaising with relevant influencers/ambassadors for collaborations that will help grow brand awareness
- Build relationships with new media contacts and maintain relationships with existing contacts
- Reporting on Social Media to manage and drive customer engagement across digital platforms, Review and analyze all key social media metrics across social channels to develop a monthly, and annual trend report
- Responsible for managing @JYSKBEDBATHHOME organic social media channels with a focus on developing the company's social media strategy
- Responsible for creating meaningful connections – including replying to Instagram comments and DM
What you bring to the role:
- Three or more years’ experience in a relevant role
- Degree or diploma in Communications, English, Public Relations or a suitable combination of education and work experience
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively handle your daily responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Competence and confidence using social media and the latest technology in the world of communications
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you can handle unexpected challenges and know how to mitigate risk
- Complete understanding on do’s and don’t when it comes to publish on social media
- Be an exceptional team player and able to work cross functionally within agile teams and with other stakeholders within Marketing and other departments at JYSK
- Bilingual English and French is an asset
- Intermediate experience in Photoshop Skills is an asset
What this role brings to you:
- The possibility of being part of a dynamic team and culture
- The opportunity to have a rewarding career with various prospects for career advancement across different functions and teams
- A great benefit package (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing colleague discount on all JYSK products
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, come join JYSK and experience it for yourself!
JYSK is an equal opportunity employer.